#failforwardcampaign, a campaign started on Instagram by Aleah of Medicine in Michigan
It is so easy to see an IG feed or a blog and think of how perfect life is because it shows mostly one side of that person but it’s mostly just an illusion…
See the picture above, I look very happy, (I truly was cause my friend gave me a Kit Kat bar, I’m a simple gal 😄😄) but what it doesn’t tell you is the amount of anxiety I was feeling after a long grueling morning that day 😩 (PHARMACOLOGY exam will do that to you). So I say all that to tell you not to feel like you’re alone when you fail at something, especially if you’re on your journey toward PA school.
1. I failed my precalc final in undergrad & received a C in my 1st semester of college.
2. I withdrew from biochem right before the first exam because I wasn’t ready and was going through some life changes at that time.
3. I applied to 9 PA schools, waitlisted for interview at 2, interviewed at 3 schools, waitlisted for admission at 2 and waitlisted then accepted at my current school.
4. Applied to alot of scholarships with really well written essays & resume and got none.
5. Failed my first exam in PA School (Anatomy)
I’m sharing this for that one person who is thinking, “they may not be enough”, remember, your failures doesn’t define you, it’s what you do after each one that does. You must always get back up after falling because it makes you appreciate.